How Do You Begin a Grassroots Ministry?
posted by Navigators on November 14th, 2022 in Discipleship | Evangelism | Generations | Gospel | Your Questions Answered
Grassroots ministry is the starting point of advancing the gospel and building the next generation, beginning with people around you who haven’t heard the good news of Jesus.
As a labourer living and discipling among the lost, how do you begin a grassroots ministry?
1. Pray for:
• compassion for those who don’t yet believe.
• labourers to be sent into the harvest field. – You are the first step of God’s answer to this prayer.
• one person with whom to share the gospel and your life.
• boldness to proclaim the Gospel.
Matthew 9:36-38, Ephesians 6:18-20
2. Initiate with one person to share the gospel and teach them to do the same.
3. Establish them in the scriptures, building a love for God through His Word.
Psalm 1, Hebrews 4:12
4. Trust and abide in God. God will continue to expand His Kingdom and glory. Trust Him in this journey of foundational ministry.
5. Partner with others. Find at least one other person who’s also praying and believing God for big things. Labour together for the advancement of the gospel and future spiritual generations.
If you would like to join us in labouring in one of our grassroots ministries, please contact us at [email protected] and we’ll connect you to a community near you!